Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service
Patient Forum

Anyone newly diagnosed in 2011?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NM3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got result it is down to 20 but I have missed the 8 week time scale and will have to be followed up for 6 months from when I hit 0. I feel gutted. I just want this problem to be gone.

Going to have to find away to distract myself I think! Think I will apply for that new job after all!

Just out of interest did you hit the 8 week mark for 0 levels?
Cornish

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry to hear your levels are dropping slowly and you've missed that 8 week point. Hopefully you'll be at zero for next test and then 6 months will be in the way.
I did get to zero in the 8 weeks, my test was 2 days before 8 weeks and that one was zero, I was grateful as we wanted to ttc ASAP and that was our decider really. Because it dropped quickly we decided to wait 3 months only.

I think a new job would be great, or maybe a weekend away? I booked myself up so we were busy a lot, when I wasn't busy I thought more about babies, ttc and hcg levels.

It's a hard time for you, but you will get through this.

How long are you thinking of waiting?xxxx
NM3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Cornish,

Thanks for your reply, I have found some research to support shorter follow up times so I am hoping that maybe mine could be reduced a bit anyway.
How are things progessing with your pg?

Are you being followed up closely?x
jojo77

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ladies......how is everyone?
Thought I would update my status! Well It's now nearly 7 months since my dnc. I've had 6 normal periods and 6 negative (0) urine results from Charing X. Even though we are not supposed to TTC again until September 2nd......we have started trying again. I feel ready and I don't think I will fall pregnant straight away as I have a tipped cervix, so both times I did get pregnant (first normal miscarriage, second missed miscarriage with PMP), it took about 4-6 months from when we started to try. As I'm 34 and would like more than one child (if I am blessed, although of course I would be so happy to just get one precious, healthy baby) we both feel time is running out a little bit so just want to get on with it.
Just knowing that others have gone through/are going through the same thing as me has been a tremendous support, thank you. I wish you all the luck and love in the world. I will never give up hope. xx
Cornish

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nm3 glad you've found some support research, there is quite a lot out there. I hope your waiting time is cut. I've been monitored very closely, blood hcg tests, urine hcg tests and fortnightly scans! Hcg is rising really well, last one was in the 31,000 so they want no more, and scan at 6 weeks showed baby with a heartbeat so complete molar has already been ruled out. Next few scans they are looking at placenta tissue to make sure it's growing normally. I've been so overly happy with how much the epu have helped me, they will def be getting a pressy. They've rushed my bloods through on the same day and made all my appts-I hope everyone has an epu near them.

Jojo, I think feeling ready is a great step. That's what happened to us so we went for it. Fxd you get that positive soon.xxx
mimi_gourley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Recently diagnosed Reply with quote

Hello lovely ladies,

Thought I would have my imput into the fantastic forum and see what advice I can get and what I can give to you too. I've recently been referred to Charing Cross so this is all new to me!

I was diagnosed with a complete molar pregnancy in October 2011 , I was initially told I had a blighted ovum, myself and husband wasnt so sure.. we're no experts but that god we went with out instinct and paid for a private scan. I was then told told I have a molar pregnancy and referred for a D&C later to be told it was complete.

My HCG levels were extremly high ( 180,000+) prior to D&C, today I've had my first lot of results from charing cross and my urine is 'normal' and my HCG is 11. I'm fortunate that my levels have dropped so quick. I had heard that if your levels drop to normal within 12 weeks then I will only be monitored for 3 months until we can try again? anybody heard of this.

Many Thanks xxx
jojo77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to share....I am 4 months pregnant and all is well. I have had 2 scans and heard the little heartbeat today. So after going through 3 miscarriages and a pmp with dnc 2 years ago and thinking I would never have a successful pregnancy, It's happened. Never give up hope, it will happen, good luck to you all Xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: