Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service
Patient Forum

Molar Pregnancy?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barbird2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Molar Pregnancy????? Reply with quote

Please can someone advise me..... I had a miscarriage on 18th May 2009. I wasnt aware I was pregnant, but I think I was 7 weeks. I had HcG levels taken and they have been dropping, but then did rise again, and currently are sitting at 450. (HcG Levels, 1545, 965, 759, 699, 745, 864, 450).

So it is now almost 2 months since the miscarriage, I have had two internal scans to first tell me I am def not pregnant, and a second scan after my HcG levels rose, to tell me that I have debris still there. I was taking the contraceptive pill, so they told me to stop taking the pill, and let nature take its course and have a period, and the debris should come away with the period.

I have NOT bled since the day of the miscarriage 2 months ago. I have no abdominal pain, no nausea or vomitting, I have NO SYMPTOMS of pregnancy. Can someone please advise me as to what is going on. Should I demand a D & C? and have that tested?

Please someone help me!????
Joan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Have you been registered with one of the centres? if not, ring Charing Cross on 020 8846 1409 and they will give you advice. Even if you are registered give your centre a ring anyway.

Joan
barbird2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not registered with any centre, no one has even mentioned that it could be a Molar Pregnancy I asked when I was there this week if it could be a Molar preg and the nurse said no. I am under the care of Queens Hospital Burton on Trent.

My levels are slowly coming down, I have had a few more blood tests, cant remember what I last put down, but these are my levels

1535 20th May
945 Cant remember when
699 Cant remember when
729 Cant remember when
839 26th June
499 2nd July
226 7th July
126 10th July

When I went on 2nd July they were talking about giving me an injection which is used in Chemotherapy treatment, began with an 'M' only a low dose, and injected in my bum!!

However because my levels dropped from 499 to 226 they didnt go down this route, so today they have told me to come back next week for a repeat blood test.

Do you think I should get a second opinion?? I just want this whole thing to be over now, getting really fed up..

and still no symptoms, no bleed since the 18th May (day of miscarriage) no sign of period.... no sickness, no pain, nothing.
Joan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Can you give the office a call and they will advice you as I think you should be registered under Charing Cross Hospital.
barbird2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joan

Thanks, I did give Charing Cross a call and explained everything, they suggested to request a D & C.

I am due to go back there on Friday this week to have my blood levels taken again, I might ask then.

Do you know if the 'debris' that they have seen on the ultrasound would stop emitting any hormone, hence my levels would drop, but that debris could stay there and turn cancerous? Is that a possibility?

I dont quite understand???
Joan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I would suggest you ring the screening office at Charing Cross who will be able to discuss with you in more detail.
Joan
barbird2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joan

Thanks, the hospital have discharged me as of last friday, as my levels had come right down, to 32. They said I should expect my monthly cycle to kick in, and it should either bring the debris with it, or my body would have absorbed anything that is left.

Like I said, I did ring Charing Cross office, but they said not to worry.
Joan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Yes your levels are coming down nicely and it would be expected that your monthly cycle would soon be returning. If you are worried you can ask them to check until your hcg levels return to normal and always contact the screening office if you need further advice.
Joan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: