Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service
Patient Forum

Second miscarriage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Second miscarriage Reply with quote

I really don't want to go through a whole 6 months of screening again - at 37 years old. Just makes the whole repetative and painful miscarriage really much worse and more dragged out. Anyone else feel like this?
I am also even more despondant about trying again!
Walding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would check with Charing Cross as I was feeling sick about this too and was reassured that you don't necessarily have to wait another 6 months after each pregnancy if it ends in miscarriage (if we were to be that unlucky!) but I think it was a urine test 6 wks after and then a blood test at 10....give them a ring to be reassured and good luck. Such an emotional rollercoaster isn't it?
Hope all works out for you.
karen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Walding"]I would check with Charing Cross as I was feeling sick about this too and was reassured that you don't necessarily have to wait another 6 months after each pregnancy if it ends in miscarriage (if we were to be that unlucky!) but I think it was a urine test 6 wks after and then a blood test at 10....give them a ring to be reassured and good luck. Such an emotional rollercoaster isn't it?
Hope all works out for you.[/quote]
karen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. Glad to know other people understand. I am so sick of friends and family telling me to 'be positive'. I have my moments - but today (two days later) I actually feel very sad.
Good luck to you, too!
Amanda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karen,
I've just written a reply to someone in my discussion and saw what you'd written a month ago and hope you're feeling a little brighter.
My qualification to comment is having had 4 miscarriages, probably all complete moles and knowing about all that horrible waiting time...I know you know how it goes. We're currently waiting till next July after I finished 3 rounds of Methotrexate....a year....I thought I'd go crazy.
I've been in my job for 15 years which was never my intention and find myself having to rethink where I'm going in my career...who gives a flying frog about my CAREER...but I've got to do something between now and July. I keep asking my husband to take my to Fiji...or take me round the world...lol, but thats not likely.
I guess I'm trying to do things I know friends with babies can't do, and feel really smug about doing it....nothing really bad, just spontaneous! Whilst also avoiding baby ads, knitting baby clothes, and spending too long in the company of newborns....
I hope you can find something you really really love, to do in the meantime that makes the hard times a little less frequent.
With kind thoughts to you and these other tough, amazing women, Amanda
karen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. Great idea to make the most of not having a bubba. I hope that you can convince your husband to take you travelling!
I am doing much better - although the first period post EPRC was heavy emotionally, too!
Wishing you well!
Karen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: