Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service
Patient Forum

Counselling @ CX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CassG

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Counselling @ CX Reply with quote

[i][color=green][/color][size=18][/size]
Hi Everyone

I just wanted to say that I went to CX for an initial counselling session with Joan yesterday - i didn't go expecting to feel better yesterday- which is good because i didn't! - but i have arranged for 6 more sessions which is good it was nice to talk to someone sympathetic who didn't tell me to pull my socks up or i'm still young and assured me i'm not losing my mind! I'm looking forward to going back and working through my feelings. I'm grateful that this service exsists - so's my husband who can also come so we can talk our concerns through together with Joan - but please do it if you can or contact her via phone i would really recommend it.

Best Wishes to all

Cassie[/i]
CassG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I have just had my last counselling session, my choice I realised I'd moved on. I don't think I'd be this ok this early, it's not quite four months yet, if I hadn't been able to access counselling so quickly - it's been an absolute god send. I want to thank the team at Charing Cross but I especially want to thank Joan (the counsellor) who has been amazing. I know counselling's not for everyone but it has really helped me and I think it's fantastic that Charing Cross are providing this service. Please make use of it - just talking helps, but Joan has been so supportive and kindly extended her support to my husband - he didn't go in the end, hus choice, but not knowing Joan was there for me helped take a lot of pressure off of him.

We are both very grateful for Joan's support. Thank you.

Please make the most of the service and give her call, you do not need to suffer alone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: