Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service
Patient Forum

Fertility Treatment after recurrent Molar Pregnancies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amanda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Fertility Treatment after recurrent Molar Pregnancies Reply with quote

[size=18][color=indigo]Hello fellow Molar Ladies...don't you love that name...(Oh the sarcasm)
Well its lovely to be in your company. I've just had my 3rd, probably 4th, complete mole, my second treatment with Methotrexate and am in that difficult place of waiting another year before we try again. I'm 35 and anxious about the ticking time...surrounded by friends and family all happily reproducing....you know how it goes.
My lovely doctors here in NZ will be discussing my case with Charing Cross and getting back to me regarding fertility treatment for us in the future. It seems...and I'm sure I know this already...we will never be able to make our own babies, on our own. Its condoms forever...I feel like a teenager!!!
I'm jumping the gun, well the doctors, and am wondering if anyone has had these thoughts or discussions with their doctor about fertility treatment options. A lovely geneticist here put my hopes into doubt, and I'm just wondering if anyone has had experience with this.
Blessings, and warm regards from New Zealand[/color][/size]
ranghild

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: I so understand... Reply with quote

Hi Amanda,
I soo understand the time factor...its horrendous.Alone,it is such an emotional thing to be going through which people on the street have not got a clue about so to have also a situation of baby making thrown into the pot is agony.Ihave just found out about my first partial molar in the mix of having done IVF last year,2 miscarriages this year and now this news..I am 44 so as you can imagine my clock is screaming at me.Sending you big hugs and I am here to chat if you need it xxx
Amanda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ranghild,
Thanks for your reply. Wow, just when you're feeling really sorry for yourself up comes someone else with their own very difficult problems. You have certainly been through the ringer this year, my warmest thoughts go out to you and your partner.
I was interested to see, I think, your last preganancy was through IVF and turned out to be a mole...am I correct? This is interesting to me.
I'm currently trying to refocus on my career and our future, whatever type of family that might be. So difficult to be forced into a direction you don't want to go in but there might be some good come out of it after all. Oh, doesn't that type of talk make you sick, when you're desperate for a baby of your own...but you've got to focus your energies on something else or you'll go nuts...lol...
I'm avoiding baby advertisements, knitting baby clothes, and holding other peoples babies. Its all I can do to be happy for someone else when they find out they're pregnant, or when the baby is born. Can't stand the gooing and gaaing.... Oh one day maybe...in the meantime, I'm doing things I imagine friends with babies can't do...and loving it.
All the very best, Amanda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: