Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service
Patient Forum

2 previous partial molars, now 3rd failed pregnancy.PMagain?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clariecjt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: 2 previous partial molars, now 3rd failed pregnancy.PMagain? Reply with quote

i am british, 40 years old in 2 days, with 2 previous confirmed partial molar pregnancies while living in Mexico. 1st suspected in Jul 2005 at 7wks. I had nausea and vomited approx 20 times a day with very high
b-hcg levels. in Aug we had a heartbeat so continuedbut in Sept heatbeat had gone Sept D&C confirmed partial molar. Advised wait and try again
in 1yr. Hcg levels returned to normal quickly.2nd PG again in Jul 2006 but in Sept at 6 wks had an empty sac, no embryo. D&C in Sept confirmed another PM. Advised try again in 1yr. Hcg levels returned to normal quickly. Heartbroken. I am English and partner is Italian and being in Mexico, we decided to get advise in both UK and Italy. In UK, we were given same advise as in Mexico. In Italy it was suggested to have Karyotype testing to check compatability of chromosomes, we were confirmed normal and compatible. We were told Mexico has higher stats of molar and partial molar pregnancies. We moved to Canada which didnt work out and so we moved to Italy Jun 2009. Ecstatic and optimistic to discover we were PG again on 25th feb 2010. My lmp was on 22 jan. No nausea, low hcg. We had a scan on 17th Mar at 7w2d pregnancy and was told empty sac,no embryo and were advised D&C due to previous history
but wait 1 wk for another scan to to be absolutely sure. We were told everything looked normal for a "blighted ovum" andalthough numb and heartbroken, this seemed like a better conclusion than another partial molar and although devastated i almost felt grateful..odd no? 1 wk later
we went for a scan and while in the waiting room we expected nothing more than confirmation and Stefano trying to cheer me up asked what i wanted for my 40th birthday on 9 Apr.. i said a little baby. The scan by miracle showed a foetus with a heatbeat showing 6w2d. I thought my
birthday wish was true. 4 days ago i had a pink discharge,2 days later turned to brown watery blood with small clots. ER confirmed yesterday baby had died after growing no more than 2 days since previous scan. They will call me to let me know when to come in for D&C. I am numb, just numb. another Partial Molar? Normal MC? Just numb..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: