Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service
Patient Forum

Anyone newly diagnosed in 2011?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cornish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Anyone newly diagnosed in 2011? Reply with quote

The posts on here seem quite old, am I looking in the wrong place? I am newly diagnosed as having a Pmp. I had an erpc for a mmc at 12+1 weeks, only had a small amount of bleeding but scan confirmed baby stopped growing at 9 weeks. Have been tic since erpc in deb but got the news from the hosp last fri. My levels are currently 151 and I'm in wtt limbo. Would love to hear from others who are going through this too.
jojo77

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Newbie aswell!! Reply with quote

Hi Cornish,
I'm Jo from Cornwall and I'm 34.
Just read your post, I had a scan at 13 weeks on December 29th 2010 which showed a mmc which happened at 8-9 weeks. I had a dnc on 31st December 2010. Four weeks later the hospital rang and I found out that it was a pmp. Quite a shock as you know.
My levels came down relitavely quickley but of course I didn't start my follow up until 5 weeks after my dnc:7th Feb-11, 22nd Feb-6, 4th March-0.

I am now just doing monthly urine tests and my follow up will last until 2nd September 2011, when we have been told we can ttc again. It's all so scary when this happens to you, but 9 times out of 10 It's not as bad as you first think. It's very unlikely that you will go on to have further treatment with a pmp, and if your levels come down to 4 or below within 56 days from your dnc, It's just a 6 month wait from the op. If your levels take longer to come down (like mine did, only by about a week!) then you wait 6 months from your first normal level.

Good luck with everything and try to stay positive, It's what I've tried to do and I think It's helped. It's very hard though when all you want is a baby. Here to chat if you want as it doesn't seem that there are many recent cases on here!
Take care,
Jo
arti

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cornish and Jo

I'm Jane and I'm 35. I have one DS aged 2.5. I had a mc and ERPC at the end of January and found out about three weeks later that I'd had a complete MP. Fortunately my last results were normal, and within the 8 weeks, so I'm now on monthly follow up until July.

I was very scared and sad at first but have started to feel a lot better in the last couple of weeks. The waiting for your results is very hard, especially at first and now I am at the stage where I am impatient to get to the point where I can TTC again. Try and treat yourself and make plans - we are off to visit friends in a far-flung place which we would never have done if I was pg.

By the way, if you haven't found it already, check out the forum on www.molarpregnancy.co.uk. There's a lot of people on there at various stages - from newly diagnosed to people TTC and newly pregnanct after a MP.

Take care, Jane
Cornish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jo and arti, thanks for replying. The posts on here do seem quite old, hopefully there are ladies out there who don't know where to talk? I'm still waiting for second bloods, first came back at 151 and last have been in lost in post it seems! I'm now on day 42 since erpc so i really want levels to drop as hoped to start ttc in aug.

To top all off I've started bleeding again, only 14 days since my first af so it's not right, epu have told me to see dr tmrw- unsure what they can do?!

How are you ladies feeling now? I just want to cry alot and shout why me!
arti

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cornish - how annoying that your results were lost in the post! Hope you can get back on track with your results soon.

Did you see your Dr today? I think that periods after a mc generally can be a bit all over the place so try not to worry. My cycles are certainly much longer.

I have been feeling okay, although had a bit of a blip last weekend when I felt very 'why me?' I am going to the patient forum at Ch X on Wednesday so will let you know what it's like if you are thinking of going to one. I have my next test due on Thursday.

Hope it is nice and sunny where you are!

J x
Cornish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jane, yes I have beautiful weather too! Didn't go to dr in the end as think it's just confused afs due to erpc etc. Still not had any bloods done either, charing cross sent me a new pk yest to have them done on mon if others don't show. So I don't know if levels are going up or down- frustrating!!!

I def know how you feel regarding - why me!? I am always asking myself that question, I thought it enough when I had the mc, but to be diagnosed as having a Pmp just seems like a kick in the teeth. I'm trying to remain positive, I really am, but it's so hard.
A close friend is pregnant and I'm finding it hard to see her.

Hopefully one day I'll wake up pregnant with all of this behind me, longing for that day.
Sorry Jane I'm a bit miserable today, can you tell!
Hope you are having a more positive day?x
arti

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you will have miserable days - it's so much to take in in a few weeks - the loss of a baby and then this rare condition that's associated with cancer. I guess I am a few weeks ahead of you (ERPC 29/01, diagnosed CMP 21/02, normal result 17/03) and it does get better as time goes on. Waiting for your results to go down is such a hard time - although if your AF has started that's generally a good sign. Time goes pretty quickly too. Have you made any plans to do anything nice - cocktails, a spa day, holidays, anything that you can look forward to. That has really helped me so that I have other things to obsess about other than when I can start TTC again!

Pregnant people are always hard. I had a couple of friends who were very pregnant when it all happened (7+ months) and I never found being with them (and their lovely newborns) difficult but another friend announced she is due in the same week I would have been and I just can't see her. I don't see her often anyway, so should be able to hide from her for some time - it feels horrible saying that, especially given that she had a miscarriage before this successful pg. I wish her every happiness but I'm just not ready to deal with her bump yet, when I should have had exactly the same.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow and enjoy the sunshine. Feel free to come on and rant or chat or whatever. I know it makes such a difference talking to people who know what you're going through (and have heard of a molar pg!)

J x
Cornish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you doing Jane, and any other ladies? I had new bloods done on the 10th April as ones before were lost in post! They came bk at 18!!!! Very happy with drop. Now on day 4 of a heavy af so hoping that means I've hit zero, more bloods on 25th April.
How long are ladies waiting before ttc again? I've read lots about only needing to wait 3 months- which sounds better to me!!!

Hope people are feeling positive, I want to start ttc!!!xx
arti

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cornish, really glad your bloods are coming down, that sounds like a great drop, so fingers crossed that your next ones are normal. My first af was unbelievably heavy but, yes, I think it helps to know that your body is getting rid of any bad cells and getting back to normal.

It is lovely and sunny here today. I booked a holiday this week for us and am feeling good. I am on follow up until July. I know that Charing X say 6 months. I don't want to get pregnant before my holiday so by the time we get back it will be June. Sometimes I think we'll start trying amonth earlier but sometimes I get scared! We'll wait and see. Of course, there's never any guarantee that it will happen straihgt away. But like you, I can't wait to try again. Just make sure you have lots of nice things to distract yourself until you plan to try again!

J x
Bee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Newly diagnosed :( Reply with quote

Hi,

I have recently suffered my second delayed miscarriage and opted to go into hospital to have the medical management. I had my three week follow up scan which was all OK, so then just needed to wait for my first cycle to start trying again, right?

But life is never that easy, I had a call from the nurse at the hospital to advise the tissue had been tested and I had had a partial molar pregnancy. A what? So I read the information available on the internet. being quite a pragmatic person I am not stressing too much, so I am hoping for best case scenario!!

I am being referred to Charing Cross, but I haven't received the information yet, so my question to you guys is what should I expect to happen?

The thing that is stressing me at the moment is that I will have to wait a year to start trying again, I'm 33 now and given the time it has taken me to conceive previously leave me feeling like it's never going to happen.

any advice / words of wisdom will be appreciated,

Bee
Cornish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bee, firstly I'm so sorry for what you're going through, it's a horrible thing to face on top of losing your baby, I know it was a real shock for me as we had started to ttc again!
For me the information I received was not very good, I found out more on the Internet and forum sites chatting to people. I got my box from charing cross a few days after I was told I had a Pmp. I took this to our local hosp for my bloods, but they didnt know what to do with it! After a wait they took my blood and I left box with forms and urine sample for them to post (as they need to spin the blood), unfortunately this blood was lost in the post! So I did the same a week or so later, then after about 3 days you can call charing cross for results. Ladies in follow up are really lively and willing to help.
What I'm trying to say bee in rather long winded way, is that the next thing is waiting! Waiting for bloods to be taken, waiting for result, waiting!!!!
My last bloods were down to 18 and from research online people in the states that get to zero within 8 weeks of mc are only waiting 3 months, so I'm going to hopefully chat to someone to see if I can have my 6 month wait reduced.
I'm now on cd9 and we have decided to give ttc a go this month, the only advice nurse said to me was that if I fell within the 6 months then they would monitor me closely - I'd be happy with that as am nervous but very excited too.
bookworm5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I just thought I'd join in to say I've also been diagnosed this year. Sorry you are all in the same position as me, it's not a fun time, but it's good to know there are other people out there going through the same thing.

I had PMP diagnosed in early March and ERPC on 5th March. Unfortunately I had a lot of bleeding following the operation and whilst in hospital they measured my hormone levels. I had to start treatment with Methotrexate on 25th March as my hormone levels kept rising and I'm now on the 3rd cycle of treatment. Being in hospital was pretty horrible as I've got a daughter who I really missed for 3 weeks but I'm feeling much better now.

Cornish - glad your results are coming down so quickly, that is good news!

Wishing you all the best with recovery.x
Bee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cornish, thanks for your reply, it helps to know what to expect, I shall need to prepare myself for the waiting, not very good at being patient!! I'm glad things are getting back to normal with you, all the best with ttc :)

Hi Bookworm, glad you are feeling a bit better now, hope your daughter is giving you big hugs!!

Bee
Cornish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ladies, bookworm, you have been through so much in a short space of time. I am sorry to hear that. I also have a little one and can only imagine how hard it could be to stay away. I hope you are now on the road to recovery?
I'm now on cd11 and we are kind of trying this month, not preventing anyway. Had more bloods done a week ago and still waiting for results, hoping for that zero though.
So how are you ladies doing?
emmahillsdon

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: newbie! Reply with quote

afternoon all!

my name is emma and i am 26, and come from the Cotswolds. found out i was having a miscarriage 2nd jan 2011, at what i thought was 12 + 3days on my 12 week scan, but the baby was only showing 6 weeks, and had an evacuation a week later. it was not until the middle of march i had a letter saying i was to go for a follow up and i had the news that i had a partical mole. end of march i had to go back and had a biopsy taken and yesterday (9weeks after the smaples were taken) i had a letter saying that i have CIN2 and need another op done! off on the 10th june, 2 days before my little girl is 5. when does everything go in my favour??? i am getting married in 14 weeks and i so hope i have all results by then, my last test for charring cross is the end of september and i seriously cant take anymore heart ache, 3 miscarriages is enough for me! sorry for moaning, just need to get things off m y chest and this is the first time that i have really blurted it all out, my partner is great but he doesnt understand.

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: