Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service
Patient Forum

Anyone newly diagnosed in 2011?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NM3

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: newbie! Reply with quote

Hello all,

I too am in a similar position to Emma having recently been diagnosed. I had a scan at 12 weeks and everything was fine and then had a further scan at 14 weeks and they suspected a molar preg. I had an ERPC on the 4th May and lost a lot of blood and am still experiencing bleeding 3.5 weeks on. I now have confimation that it was a partial molar preg.

I would like to know if anyone experienced heavy bleeding during the ERPC and whether this has affected their furture fertilty? And, whether it is normal to bleed for this long after surgery.

Although it is very hard, its reasurring to hear other people's stories as nobody else seems to understand as it is such a rare condition!!
Cornish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Emma and nm3, I'm so sorry for your losses, it is such a terrible thing to go through ESP with the molar checks on top.
Emma how are you doing now? I know it's coming close to that second op date for you, I wish you a speedy recovery.
Nm3, as for your q, I didn't bleed very much straight after erpc, but what I thought was my first period was horrible and heavy, it was 26 days after erpc and I was told it was mc bleeding as my hcg wasn't zero. So I suppose I didn't bleed straight away heavily, but did 26 days later! That lasted for about 10 days, then after about 30 days I got a proper period.
How are you ladies doing with reaching zero? I'm down to monthly urine samples now which is easier than the bloods.
Xx
emmahillsdon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am at normal now, and just sending urine samples every 4 weeks, i am feeling sick but its worry about friday's op! got to think postive cos i am getting hitched in 12 and a half weeks! :)
NM3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply cornish, I have got a feeling I am still bleeding cause my levels are not at 0 yet. The first blood result was 93, I am waiting to get the next blood and urine results at 3pm today.

Was this your first pregnancy Cornish and will you be waiting the full 6 months before TTC again ? I was intially told by my gyna I could try within a few months, but I suspect this will change now Im under the care of charing x

Emma good luck for the op, and very good news abouot your levels being O. Do you mind me asking why they need to do second op, if levels are already 0?
mrskg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was diagnosed with a pmp in January this year. I had origionally had a mmc in October last year, two weeks before my wedding. I went in for an ERPC a week before my wedding day.

We went on honeymoon and had to come home after 4 days as I haemorrhaged whilst away. I was told by the hospital on my return that I had had my period. A week later I was taken in to hospital as an emergency with abdominal pain and a high temperature. I was returned to theatre and had another d&c. I had to stay in hospital for 3 days having intravenous antibiotics.

I then had a phone call on Jan 3rd from a consultant (2 months after my first ERPC) telling me I'd had a pmp. It's been an emotional few months made worse by the fact it feels like everyne I know is pregnant! Just about to finish my surveillence, only 1 more test to go and I can get on with my life without this hanging over my head!
NM3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds awful and to have to come home early from your honeymoon.!!

Well I wish you the best of luck for the future and hope that you fall preg again quickly. :D
Cornish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma, how are you now? Wow your wedding is close, sorry you have this added pressure and worry. It's great news you are at zero, will you be ttc again soon?

How were your bloods nm3? It was my second pregnancy, son was born in 2008, no problems at all. I'm meant to be waiting until aug until ttc but we started straight after erpc (before we knew about pmP), and have continued ttc since. We didn't stop as so many ladies mc naturally and wouldn't know about Pmp, also lots of research says only 3 months is necessary, and I'm past that now. Am currently 1dpo and hoping this is our month. How about you? Will you wait for 6 months?
I asked the consultant when we were initially told about Pmp about next pregnancy and what if it came early, she said they can't tell me what to do, only advise and if we did fall pregnant before 6 months were up then I'd be closely monitored with bloods and scans-I think I'd quite like to be closely monitored!

Mrs kg, you sound like you've had a hard time, I'm glad you only have 1 more test, and hope it comes back as a zero for you.xxx
NM3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cornish,

My levels went from 93 to 63, which is good news, but I am having further problems as experiencing heavy bleeding silmilar to a heavy AF but its just not stopping.. Not sure whether it is AF or not as has gone on for 5 days now. Have therefore brought my next blood test forward to wed, as gign on holiday on Sat.

Was hoping to start trying again when I hit zero, but at the moment feel my body is all over the place! Just want things to return to normal!
Cornish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great drop, sorry to hear you are still bleeding though. I bled for about 9 days after I had a 5 day bleed, things just seemed never ending really. Think I've only had 2 real periods since feb, others were random bleeds.

Hope your next blood come bk well and levels are still dropping.x
emmahillsdon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Op went well! results in 2-4 weeks!

Wont be trying again til after the wedding, maybe Christmas time, i really dont know if i could face going through it all again if it went wrong! As my partner doesnt have any biological children himself and i really want to give that to him, but he doesnt mind as he has my little monkey to contend with!

Hope everyone else is well! i am rubbish with keeping up with you on here! anyone ever wanting to email me thou my address is: emma_and_grace@hotmail.co.uk i check it daily.

Everyone have a fab weekend, i am off to see Peter Kay tonight! :)
Cornish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad op went well and hope results are gd.
How was Peter kay?

Well I've just had some news, levels have gone bk up BUT it's looking like a new pregnancy not molar cells! Had a scan today and am around 4 weeks so going bk in 2 weeks for another. Pretty worried but happy!x
NM3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah congrats you must be so happy.. but also nervous I would imagine. So if you dont mind me asking, have you fallen pg whilst in your follow up period?

I had another blood test today, it had come down to 39, so am hoping that I will be close to normal very soon.
Cornish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello nm3, yes I was nervous but am just happy now. I had my molar pregnancy in feb 11, am being monitored until aug 11 as my hcg got to 0 within 8 weeks, so yes I'm still within monitoring period. I trusted my body, hcg went to zero quickly and never spiked up so we started ttc. I had bloods at 11dpo and hcg was 67, at 14 dpo it was up to 301, so the rise is great. Got a scan at 6 weeks and hoping all will be fine.

Your levels are dropping nicely, when do you get the all clear?xx
NM3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well that's brilliant news. I feel very happy for you. Its so nice to hear of some good news!!. Keep me posted how the pregnancy goes, and hopefully I will be in a simialr postition myself very soon! I am phoning at 2 today to get my results. Dont know how long I will be monitored for at the moment as no one has told me. Fingers crossed it will only be for a 6 months. I would like to try sooner, but got to convince the hubby!!
Cornish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you nm3, got some fairly negative comments on a diff forum for ttc before all clear, but I do see it as a very personal decision.
How were your results??
I was told that if you get to zero within 8 weeks of mc or operation then you are monitored for 6 months from mc date. If it takes longer it 6 months from your first zero. If you need treatment it can go up to a year from last treatment.
Hope you get your zero real soon.xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: