Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service
Patient Forum

Complete Molar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christina86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Complete Molar Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I was recently diagnosed with a complete molar pregnancy and have since had my d&c.
I have a few questions about whats happening and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their experiences. I'm finding hard as I don't know whats normal or what I should be worrying about and I don't want to be a pain and keep contacting the hospital.

I had some heavy bleeding the the week after the op and then everything seemed to be ok. I was feeling more like myself but then 3 weeks since the op the bleeding has come back but whats strange about it is I don't seem to bleed constantly or need pads like before, it only happens when I go to the toilet and use the shower. Im getting a lot of clots and abdominal pain. So im unsure of whats going on or whether I should be worried.

Another thing is I called the hospital following my operation and some blood tests they took a week later and I was told by the lady that my levels had dropped but my results were abnormal but wasn't able to elaborate as to why. So of course this has got me worrying as to what was meant by that but I was told they wouldn't know until I send in another lot of samples so they could compare them.

Lastly, this is more of a relationship question. My partner and I really pulled together when this happened as at first they weren't sure of what was happening, its taken over 6 weeks for them to decide it was a molar and to remove it so eventually the stress has got to me and my partner.

I know he is hurting to but his way with dealing with things is to shut everything out and not talk about it whereas I like to talk about it and also i felt that i should keep him involved with whats happening. But im beginning to resent him for not shownig he cares or asking me how i am just because it makes it easier for him. I know its hard on both of us but im starting to feel on my own. This maybe very personal and im sorry if im over sharing but i don't know where else to turn. Our sexual relationship has taken a nose-dive and im worried that he doesnt see me the same way after all the bleeding and all the nasty bits that have come with this. I don't know how to address this or whether its something that needs time but its worrying me so much, what if it never changes?

Sorry again if I have gone into too much information about anything, like I said I don't know where else to turn.
laurac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Christina

First of all, I wanted to apologise for not responding to your post sooner, I feel for you so much and have been meaning to email for a while.

By way of a very short introduction, I had a D and C in june and learnt about five weeks afterwards that it was a partial molar pregnancy.

I am conscious that I may be too late to give you any suggestions re the bleeding but just in case you are still worrying, I think that often the bleeding after a D and C stops and starts and that this may not be anything to worry about at all..I hope that you have managed to get some support from the hospital in this regard by now, if not, I would strongly recommend not worrying about contacting them with your concerns, that is what they are there for after all.

Regarding the HCG levels, again, I hope that you have been given more information about this by now, perhaps from Charing Cross, if not, you should be contacted by them soon and they will ask you to do another blood test and you can call them up for the results and get them to explain them to you - in my experience, it all does really become a lot more bearable once you are properly registered with them as they obviously know far more what they are talking about than your hospital doctor will and, in my experience, are very accessible.

Regarding the issues with your partner, I wonder whether you could try talking to him about how his way of dealing with things is making you feel - it can't be a good idea for either of you to be in a situation where you are starting to resent him when you need each other so badly. If you could get across to him how difficult you are finding it not being able to share the pain with him while letting you know that you understand why he is doing this perhaps it might draw you closer together.

Regardless of how that goes, I think emailing this forum was a good idea because, at the end of the day, I am not convinced that anyone, be they partner, friend, family can understand quite how distressing a molar pregnancy is. I have only just started looking around me for support from other sources and I have discovered that the Miscarriage Association have two volunteers who have been through the same thing whom you can call up to talk to. Alternatively, if you think it would help at all I would be more than happy to chat and can give you my telephone number.

Once again, I hope that things are going a little better for you since your post.

All best wishes

Laura
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: