Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service
Patient Forum

Newbie here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jennylm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Newbie here Reply with quote

Hi,

I was diagnosed with PMP after I had undergone Medical Management of a MC in May. I have since had to have a ERPC because there was still a little tissue left. My levels of my 1st blood test after MM was really quite high (don't know the actual figures) but obviously the remaining tissue wasn't helping. My levels from the test done after the ERPC went down to 551 so everything's heading in the right direction.

I know I can't use hormonal contraceptives but HATE condoms, would I be able to have a coil?

I can't wait to TTC again but until I'm given the green light I've got a new job to throw myself into.

Jen
Cornish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm sorry to hear of your loss and the extra news of a Pmp, it's super hard info to take on board.
Great news that your numbers are heading down.
I think the hosp that you are getting follow up from would be best to advise on condoms, we just stayed careful around fertile window, not a guarantee but it worked for a few months.
Have you been given a time scale yet on ttc again?
Good luck in the new job.x
Jennylm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't, but then I've not really spoken to anyone about it. I just know what I've read and that's that I'll have to have 6 months of normal hormone levels before it's advisable to ttc.

I know I can talk to someone at Charing Cross but I feel a bit of an eejit calling them and saying 'right, start from the beginning - what the hell's going on with my body?'
Cornish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charing cross are lovely, I called them so much they knew my name before I gave my number out, but they were always very willing to answer anything I threw at them. You should give them a call.

Hope those numbers are going down quickly for you.x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: