Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service
Patient Forum

new to this forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laurac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: new to this forum Reply with quote

I am posting for first time on this board having been diagnosed with pmp in early august after eprc for missed miscarriage in late june. It came as a complete shock as I had not been told they would be sending the tissue off for analysis and was just at the point of thinking 'oh well it happens to lots of people we will just try again' (this was my first pregnancy) when I got the call.

Like many people I am sure I found it very very hard at first given that the one thing I had been hoping would help me over the hurt from the miscarriage was trying again. After that there has of course been the agony of waiting for levels to get to normal.

I found out about the pmp a little under two weeks before my wedding (which was a week ago saturday) and did not think I would be able to cope at all but in the end had a lovely lovely day. I had had two tests a week apart before then to see how things were going as they did not give me any tests after the eprc and the first was at eleven and second seven so on right track but I finished up last week on five at eights weeks post eprc and was really frustrated as others have been not to be in the six months post eprc follow up group by such a whisker.

I am going for another test this week and desperately hoping will be at four or below as we are going on our honeymoon on friday and really want this nightmare to be over before then and do feel I could start to get over it all and look positively towards the future once it has gone down to normal.

Sorry for the self-centred splurge, I am all to aware that others have it much worse than me but just felt the need to put it all down.
Jennylm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laura,

So sorry about your PMP, but congratulations on getting married!

I had my ERPC on the 1st July, 3 weeks after unsuccessful Medical Management of MC. I just got my 'normal' yesterday but I've been advised to wait for 6 months before ttc again. It's not so hard for me to wait because I already have a 2 year old little girl who keeps me busy enough to make the time fly by. But I can imagine you must be desperate to try again.

Hope you get your BFP soon

Jen xxx
laurac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your message jenny, it really does help that there are others out there going through the same thing. And regardless of whether you have one already I have no doubt it is still a horrible thing to go through (I am fortunate enough to have two wonderful stepchildren whom I love very much so do not feel I am in the worst boat by any means)

I am glad you got a normal result! hopefully I will too soon, the one I got back yesterday was still at five but perhaps too much to hope it would have come down when I only waited a week, just so frustratingly close!
Thanks again for the message of support.
Laura x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: