Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service
Patient Forum

Abdominal Pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ele

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Abdominal Pain Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have recently found this web site having been diagnosed with a partial mole (D&C on 18th April after 6.5 week scan) but for well over two weeks now I have had lower abdominal pain. Has anyone else had similar? I've been told that this has nothing to do with the molar pregnancy, but the pains are in exactly the same place as the pains pre-D&C, so am naturally concerned. Spoken to the consultant who's referring me the Chring Cross and he asked me to see my GP about the pains. My GP has prescribed co-codamol, which helps the pain. I'm just worried about the cause - any ideas anyone?
cagh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Miscarriage results - Molar Pregnancy Reply with quote

Today I was told I had "hydatidiform mole", that the miscarriage I had at 13 weeks 3 days was abnormal. That my egg was empty and my husbands sperm had 3 chromo's - absoultely unbelieveable. We have 2 healthy children. The past 2 weeks I have been sad, because I really wanted this baby, went thro the "was it me or something i did", but now it is not even a baby? My head is done in. Then reading all these bits and peaces on the internet about tumours etc, being told that i must wait 6 months to a year to try again and have my hcg levels monitored... This still has not sunk in yet. I am most probably over reacting, but I feel so confused and wonder why this has all happend? Did I do something to cause this? I have had bloods taken today and been told I will hear from chx for followup testing. 1 in 1200 pregnancies result in a molar pregnancy, most molar pregnancies are either early or late in life, but I am only 33. Don't get it at all. What are the chances my egg was emptyp and my husbands sperm had 3 chromo's? Not even sure if I have had a partial or complete?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hydatidiform Mole and Choriocarcinoma UK Information and Support Service Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: